This is baffling me, I have a form on one page that opens a php file in a
text area for editing.  In order to view the contents of the file in the
text area I had to setup a eregi_replace("<","&a&") string.  When I save the
changes back to the text file I setup a reverse string i.e. [
eregi_replace("&a&","<") ] however it just blows right by this portion of
the script.  I have tried a few different variations
ex.
$file_name= "blank.php";
$file_open = fopen($file_name, "wr+");
$replace = eregi_replace("&a&","<", $passwords);
fwrite($replace, $file_open, stripslashes($passwords));
print ("$passwords was written to $file_name");
and
$file_name= "blank.php";
$file_open = fopen($file_name, "wr+");
fwrite(eregi_replace("&a&","<"), $file_open, stripslashes($passwords));
print ("$passwords was written to $file_name");
So far nothing has worked, actually the last example overwrites the file
with nothing.
Anyone come across a problem similar to this?  If so how did you solve it?
Thanks in advance,
Jas