On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:49:03PM -0300, Paulo Cesar wrote:

> I'd like to know if the include function alocates the variables that
are in the included file in the memory... and, if it happens, if do I
have a way to access a file with some variables without alocating it in
memory.

Dude, turn line wrapping on in your email program.

Taking the following two bits of information into account should answer
your question:

1) Variables are put into memory when your code executes the line that
assigns the variable.

2) Stuff in an include file is just like having the included code inside
your script.

So, if you don't want everything going into memory, add some
conditional statements (like "if" or "switch"), that'll put the stuff
into memory only when you want it to be in memory.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution