Are you sure this is the correct file?  This is full
of syntax errors, you should be getting parse errors.

A few tips:

 a) Don't post to multiple lists.  This is a PHP issue,
    not MySQL.  Hopefully this will end the mysql list
    thread.

 b) Don't use mysql_db_query() as it is deprecated.  See:
      http://www.php.net/mysql_db_query
    Use mysql_select_db() and mysql_query() instead.

 c) Be 100% this is right file, or if this (what you gave
    us) is the exact code in that file.  I doubt it is.

 d) If an error is on line 12, tell us what line #11-13 are.

 e) While developing, put error_reporting(E_ALL); on top
    of your script.

 f) Don't fully rely on syntax highlighting of your text
    editor as it will never be perfect.

To narrow down the error, try this format:

<?php

  if (!$conn = mysql_connect($host, $username, $password)) {
    print "Could not connect: " . mysql_error();
    exit;
  }

  if (!mysql_select_db($dbname)) {
    print "Could not select DB " . mysql_error();
    exit;
  }

  $sql = "Your SQL goes here";

  if (!$result = mysql_query($sql)) {
    print "Could not run query ($sql) : " . mysql_error();
    exit;
  }

  print "Thank you for submitting the data, we got it";

?>

Basically, we are checking if these functions return
false.  If they do, an error will be sent and the
script will exit.  Instead of using exit each time,
you may want to implement your own db error management
so if a db error occurs you load a static page or
your webmaster email or whatever.  But the above should
narrow down your error and is a good start.

The original reason you got this error is, I assume, that
you treated $link_glob as a simple string.  Other replies
discussed this a bit.  Lastly:

  print $foo;   // sexy
  print "$foo"; // not as sexy but will work (eww)
  print '$foo'; // literally prints a string $foo and
                // not the value of $foo.  bad.

Read/study this tutorial on using strings:
  http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/using-strings.php

Good luck, you'll get the hang of it soon :)

Regards,
Philip Olson