>By "no attachment" I assume you mean you can't get the attachment
>through the user
>interface.  But, I bet the attachment is there if you look at the
>source code of the
>message itself.  Right?  That indicates the attachment was sent and
>received.  The
>trick is then getting Lookout to properly allow you to save the attachment.

you are correct

>One thought, someone told me of a seting in Internet Explorer:
>
>* On the menu bar click on Tools, then Options, then choose the tab Security.
>* There is a check box for "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened
>* that could potentially be a virus".

bingo...

Your other points are noted,  alot of that is from stipping down more
complicated code in an effort to get to the guts of the attachment problem.  I
do appreciate your comments though.

>Well, that's everything I can think of.  Let us know what happens.

happened to have fixklez.com in the directory when I was testing it, and just
kept using that file.  Outlook was kindly blocking the attachment for me.
Changed my example to a .doc file and everything worked as expected.  Will
change the \n to \r\n since Netscape reportedly has problems with it, and as you
said, RFC compliancy.

Figured it was something stupid.

Thanks for the objective views Dan,

Dave