From: Scott Hurring [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 4:18 PM
To: Php-General (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [PHP] Re: Finding out how a variable was registered

If you want to stop most people, try posting an MD5() hash
of the field contents to the form, and then verifying it
upon form submittal.

For example:

<input type=hidden name=form[last] value="Blah">
<input type=hidden name=form[last_md5] value=" ... ">

However, if you get a smart user, he can simply change
the value and the MD5 hash to be the correct hash of
the new value and circumvent all your work.

(But then again, if you get anyone that's smart and
committed, it's just a matter of time before he will
figure out *some* loophole to subvert your forms)

---
Scott Hurring
Systems Programmer
EAC Corporation