Thanks John,

That looks promising, but the question remains -- would it affect the current
paging? I really don't wnat to spend another day getting that going again! :>

Further, the actual ID numbers that would populate 'display_ids'  . . .
'would be generated from your result set' -- I'm not clear how to achieve
this. From the query results, how would I extract that info, for the current
page, if my id column is 'rid', and I'm using $_SESSION['rid']?

Regards,
Andre

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 10:15 pm, you wrote:
> > My understanding was that he wanted to see the same 30 rows, but
>
> sorted in
>
> > a different way.
> >
> > For instance, he wanted to see entries 30-60 as sorted by age, but to
>
> have
>
> > those sorted by height when displayed.
> >
> > miguel
>
> Maybe you could have a hidden field that lists the 30 IDs that are
> displayed on the page, as a comma separated list. Then, if the user
> chooses to resort those 30 results, based on another column, you can use
> that hidden field in your query to limit the IDs.
>
> i.e.
>
> <input type='hidden' name='display_ids' value='1,4,6,7,8,9'>
>
> Where the actual numbers would be generated from your result set.
>
> Then, use those numbers in your query.
>
> SELECT * FROM table WHERE ... AND ID IN($display_ids) ORDER BY
> <<new_sort_order>>
>
> Hopefully PG supports IN().
>
> My $0.02, I'm sure there are other ways...or maybe this isn't even what
> you're looking for. :)
>
> ---John Holmes...
>
> > On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Bogdan Stancescu wrote:
> > > That's at least curious - limiting and offsetting will most
>
> certainly
>
> > > affect the results which are then sorted... I don't think that's
>
> what he
>
> > > was after. Just my 2c.
> > >
> > > Bogdan

> rcountry,rcity,rsname,rfname

> in
>
> > groups of

> > Country',

> > choices.

> > shebang

> > already

> order of

> and
>
> > run it

> need

> > original

> as
>
> > long as

> send a
>
> > NEW

> of
>
> > the

> possible?

> **

> Country">";

> **

Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet: http://www.webhart.net/csrb/