> I have a mysql database table of about 7000 images (they are
 > not actually in the db, just references), as yet
 > uncategorized.  I need to put them online and allow my
 > client to browse 12-18 thumbnails per page.
 >
 > what would be the most efficient method to code that with
 > PHP?  any help is appreciated!

Query your database to with an appropriate 'ORDER BY' and use 'LIMIT' to
get the number you want per page.

Display them to a page from within a 'while' loop.

Process as you require.

Include page navigation to do the next set.

What have you tried?  Are you having trouble with something specific?

If you're not sure what to do then perhaps downloading something that
will do it already will work - try www.hotscripts.com or perhaps
sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net as good places to start - or even just
do a search on google - I suspect searching for 'mysql php image
browser' would get you close.

CYA, Dave