I've got a mail function script that occasionally terminates midway
while sending out about 600 emails.

The symptoms point to the "max_execution_time", which is set for 30
seconds.

The question is how to best handle it.

set_time_limit only seems to apply to the script that contains it. Yet
there are several scripts involved in the application.  Must every one
of them contain the set_time_limit also?

Or, would the "max_execution_time" function be a better way to handle it?

Can the php cgi versions honor the "max_execution_time"?  I can't think
of a way to determine if it sets the config file.

Thanks....