Hi Adam:

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 01:15:03PM -0700, Adam Plocher wrote:
> <input type="checkbox" name="groups[]" value="3" checked>&nbsp; blah3<br>
>
> $groups[] = $_POST['groups[]'];

This is just wrong.

> $groups[] = $_POST['groups'];

This assigns the global groups array to one element in a local groups
array.  So, if you then do the following, you'd see something:

   echo $groups[0][0];

What I assume you're trying to do is create a whole new local groups array
containing everything in the global gropus array.  Do this:

   $groups = $_POST['groups'];

Of course, there is really no point in your doing that though.  just use
$_POST['groups'][0] and you're good to go.  Saves time and memory.

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution