I'm currently storing the username and password directly in cookies (the
password isn't even md5()'d).  I'm just wondering if there's security
risks/whatever in sessions.  I've seen that most sites seem to store the
login data directly in the cookie (with the password md5()'d).  Is that
because there's something wrong with sessions, or did they just not use
them for no reason?  Thanks.