I am trying to input data from a text file into a MySQL database and would
like to be able to input the data using a single script.  What's the easiest
way to parse a line, such as below, and turn it into variables to be placed
in the database.  While I can simply place the data in by importing from a
file, it's not quite so easy.  I only need to place some of the data in,
plus I would like to split one of the fields.  Below is an example of a line
from the file, and then the variables that I need to enter.

Here is an example of a line from the file:
Number,City,State,Country,Provider,Isdn,56K,CreateDate,Active,Timezone,ModDa
te,ModNote
403 -770 -4904 ,CALGARY,AB,CAN,T2,Y,Y,Apr 29 2002
12:00:00:000AM,I,GMT-0700,,

As for variables, I need the following:
Split Number into $AreaCode & $Number > 403 & 770-4904
$City
$State
$Country

Thanks for any help.