George,

"George Whiffen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, but if holding the
> data in a file is realistically an option i.e. your data is static,  then
> why not consider holding your final output e.g. your web page/partpage
> in the file system?

For my purposes, I am not concerned with outputing dynamic web pages (that
uses a corresponding caching system), but rather parsing data that effects
code logic.

I've noticed that it is pretty popular amongst many PHP applications to
maintain script config information in a DB.  This has it's advantages, but
the extra calls to the DB looks to be pretty resource heavy.  What I am
trying to judge is the effectiveness of such practice.

Regards,

Michael