After much pain and suffering I figured out how to do dual color Gradients
using GD in an oval.  While it is not as clean as I'd like it works and can
be tweaked as needed.  In the process I also found some very cool Gradient
effects that could be used as well.  I'm currently working on writing a
script that will take a parameter to determine which type to use then do the
correct code of that.  Once I'm down I'll have about 12 different effects
that people might be interested in.  If you are interested in Gradients let
me know and I'll email you the code when I'm done with it (about a week or
two).

-Jim