The parent process would be examining data in a database and moving it
around to where it needs to be... then signifying to the child processes
what needs to be done. the child processes would only touch the part of
the database assigned to them by the parent process... the point is to
have one 'queen ant' directing the work, and many 'worker ants' working
together to accomplish their goals...