on 01/07/02 5:01 PM, Chris Kay ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> You saying there is a way for the scripts to know what kind of browser u r
> using?

Yes, there are ways of determining the browser, but I believe what Jason was
saying is that PHP happens on the server side (here we go again)... In other
words, by the time it hits your browser, it's just HTML, combined with any
JavaScript or CSS that you choose.

So PHP can't interact with any client (browser)-side systems (like printing)
at all.

Printing a page is entirely up to the browser or client implementation.

You may want to consider generating a multi-page RTF file or PDF which is
generated on the fly, saved to disc, and printed upon your request.  At
least you only get the print window once.

Justin French