Hey,

Yeah, I was thinking of writing up a javascript function to do all of this,
but considering one of the browsers I use to test is Amaya & Amaya doesn't
even recognize javascript as anything other than extra garbage I was looking
around for a way to do it on the server.

I installed the newest version of php & noticed the browscap.ini file (yeah,
I've played with this file with IIS & the previous version of php, but I
didn't think about it).  So I looked up browscap.ini on php.net & found this
nifty little function - get_browser() - which compares the info in the
browscap.ini file to what the browser sends you. Only problem with this is
if your browscap.ini file is incomplete or has missing info (konqueror is
not listed as having a platform = Linux, even though Linux is part of the
listing).

If anyone knows where there might be a full listing of the browscap.ini file
somewhere, please let me know! :)  My linux box is down for a bit as I'm
swapping some hardware around, until it's finished I'm stuck trying to
compare files manually on win boxes I think :(

Heh, I only found this out after I spent several hours working on writing
several functions using eregi to find stuff...  with no success.  Then again
I am pretty pathetic in using ereg/eregi to find more than a couple
characters.

Thanks for your help guys :)

Patrick