Hello,

I've upgraded to Mandrake 8.2 and installed a couple of apps that I later
un-installed.  Somewhere along the line I have hosed myself because while running
php-nuke I have noticed that all of the new passwords that are getting added to the
database (mysql) have a $1$ in front of them.  These users cannot validate themselves,
it throws an error on the comparison.

Code from php-nuke;

 $setinfo = mysql_fetch_array($result);

 $dbpass=$setinfo[pass];

 if(!$system) {
      $pass=crypt($pass,substr($dbpass,0,2));
 }
 if (strcmp($dbpass,$pass)) {
            Header("Location: user.php?stop=1");
         return;
 }

I have about 1100 users with no $1$ and 20 with...

First, what have I done to myself?  Second is there an easy fix to get the new users
working.

Thank you for all the help.

- Brett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]