John Lazos wrote:

> and i put the file in my htdocs directory i restarted apache and when
> i'm trying to access the page http://localhost/hello.php as a result i'm
> getting the contents of the file hello.,php

> What is wrong is my apache able to display php pages?

Looks like Apache does not know about PHP :) in your
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf file (or another path, if you have set
another prefix while compiling the tarball) you seem to miss this:

     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
     AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

have fun :))
Alberto
Kiev

--

LoRd, CaN yOu HeAr Me, LiKe I'm HeArInG yOu?
lOrD i'M sHiNiNg...
YoU kNoW I AlMoSt LoSt My MiNd, BuT nOw I'm HoMe AnD fReE
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is.......