List,
        I read the documentation on postgres site (http://techdocs.postgres.sql)
and then also the Google search and came up with this:

The way PostgreSQL usees stored procedures is like this:
"A stored procedure is really a function"
It just does more...like INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, multiple DELETE or
whatever.  So to write them use a function but just call it "stored
procedure"  fancy...

Heres some code that I've never tested or run before:

CREATE FUNCTION putData (char, varchar, varchar) RETURNS int
AS '
        DECLARE
                x ALIAS FOR $1;
                y ALIAS FOR $2;
                z ALIAS FOR $3;
        BEGIN
                INSERT INTO tableA (colX, colY, colZ) VALUES (x, y, z);
                RETURN 1;
        END
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Good Luck