OK, so I upgraded to Apache 1.3.26 on my RedHat machine after the security
stuff last week. Saved my old httpd.conf file, just in case, and I did need
it. Unfortunately, neither the old file, nor the new file, nor the new file
modified to include PHP support, work.
I added:
LoadModule php4_module  libexec/libphp4.so
AddModule libphp4.c
AddType application/x-httpd-php         .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php-source  .phps

to httpd.conf in their proper sections.
Also, added index.php as one of the possible index files (along with
index.html and index.shtml)
I checked libexec/; libphp4.so is there.
Then I get this:
[root@saturn /]apachectl start
Syntax error on line 276 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
Cannot add module via name 'libphp4.c'; not in list of loaded modules

OK, so I comment out AddModule libphp4.c, and
[root@saturn /]apachectl start
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd started
[root@saturn /]

But then, I load up Internet Explorer, go to my site, and get this:
"Unhandled File Type" dialog box:
Internet Explorer doesn't know how to handle the type of file you have
selected.
You can choose to save this file to your disk or you can configure a Helper
Application for this file.
MIME Type: application/x-httpd-php
File Name:
-----
I downloaded the file via Save File AsŠ and it is the php source for
index.php.

So do I need to reinstal PHP, or am I just missing something in the config
file?
--
Chris Garaffa
#!/usr/local/lib/php