This is an issue of the register_globals directive, the
default went from off to on as of PHP 4.2.0  Either
change your coding style or turn it back on.

  <input type="text" name="foo">
  print $_POST['foo'];

$foo will exist if register_globals = on.  Search archives,
google, the manual, etc. for this topic, it's been
discussed a lot lately :)

Regards,
Philip Olson