table structure for tececo stats(Stores information about the visitors to my
site.visited is either 0 or 1 depending on whether or not the stats cookie
has been set):

  id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  page_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  visited int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  time int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  remote_dns varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  remote_ip varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
  referer varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',
  browser varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  system varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (id),
  KEY page_id (page_id,time)

table structure for meta_data(contains information about the pages in my
website):

  id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  pid int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  title varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',
  page_name varchar(75) NOT NULL default '',
  description text NOT NULL,
  keywords text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (id),
  KEY pid (pid)

main file(required.php automaticly does a DB connect and is used elsewhere
so I know is not the problem).
<?
include "includes/required.php";
do_html_header('Page Detail Statistics');

$query = "select
count(tececo_stats.*) as tececo_stats.views, meta_data.title
from
meta_data, tececo_stats
where
meta_data.id = tececo_stats.id
order by meta_data.id
group by meta_data.id";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die("Query failed: $query<br>" .
mysql_error());
$num_results = mysql_num_rows($result);
?>
Sessions</td></tr>
<?
for ($i=0; $i < $num_results; $i++)
  {
 $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
 echo
/td></tr>';
 }
?>
<?
do_html_footer();
?>

error message:
Query failed: select count(tececo_stats.*) as tececo_stats.views,
meta_data.title from meta_data and tececo_stats where meta_data.id =
tececo_stats.id order by meta_data.id
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '*) as tececo_stats.views,
meta_data.title from meta_data and tececo_stats whe' at line 2

What I want to do: This is essentially a script for a stats program that I
am writting that returns the number of hits for each page. Instead of
looping a query I decieded to try and join the two tables to make it more
efficiant. I am trying to get it to work with hits now than make it sessions
later.

I hope this is enough info and thank you for your help.

--
JJ Harrison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]