My advice is to use mysql_connect().  The only instance I would consider using
mysql_pconnect() would be if I had to access multiple databases and servers at the
same time.

Martin

>>> SpamSucks86 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/09/02 10:26AM >>>
I'm running windows 2000 and the latest releases of PHP and MySQL. All
database connections are made with mysql_pconnect(). Connections build
up, however. The only person connecting to this webserver at the moment
is myself. It seems that it opens connections and keeps them open, but
doesn't always reuse them, thus causing it to open new ones. Is this a
bug in mysql_pconnect()? Should I just use mysql_connect()? Any and all
help is appreciated.