It might be easiest to have:

----------- default.asp ----------------
<%
 ' Some ASP I've forgotten that redirects to
http://example.com:8080/index.htm
%>

And your real site, on port 8080, served up by Apache, will be fine, so long
as the links are absolute, and httpd.conf is configured correctly.  All the
links/IMG/etc will "stay" on 8080 unless you have an absolute URL in there.

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm