>Hi All,
>
>I'm porting Java Code to PHP, my question is: What is the best approach
>to emulate Java exceptions in PHP4? (I know ZE2 adds exceptions but I
>can't wait).
>
>When a Java method "throws" an exception it is difficult to handle as a
>"return" of an exception object since then I'd have to check in every
>sinlge line that calls a method if the returned value is an exception
>and then return and exception etc etc. (Chaning that up to the user
>would be a nightmare).
>
>So I need some clever ideas ;-)

http://php.net/set_error_handler
http://php.net/trigger_error
http://php.net/error_log

Pretty much, take those and a little discipline with your programming staff,
and you're done...

Maybe write some kind of error message system that creates a unique ID for
each error message.

You can wrap it up in some Objects if that makes you happy.

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm