>I need to query a database and return a resultset. A php script will then
>sort through the data and send the data to the browser in the form of a table.
>
>Is it possible to gather the the results with html tags and store them in a
>variable so that the results can be emailed to someone? If so, how would
>this be done?

Do as much of the sorting/searching in SQL as you can.  MUCH faster.

Use the mail class from http://phpclasses.org to do the html-enhanced email.

WARNING:  Many readers will simply *TRASH* your "enhanced" email.  Re-think
your priorities.

Collecting your HTML in a variable is easy:

<?php
  $html = '';
  # Get db stuff
  $html .= "<TABLE>\n";
  # Loop through results{
    $html .= "<TR><TD>$x</TD><TD>$y</TD><TD>$z</TD></TR>\n";
  }
  $html .= "</TABLE>\n";
?>

It's just like doing everything with "echo", only not. :-)

You may want to echo some stuff out as well, so you know what's happening...

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm