[snip]
I am wondering if it would be possible to activate a php script via cron
periodicly.

Can anybody give me a hint on that or knows a good article?
[/snip]

If you can run PHP from the command line, i.e.

php thisscript.php

it means that you have installed PHP as a standalone executable. If so you
can include the following bash line in your PHP script (as the first line,
just like PERL, or any other shell script);

#!/path/to/php

Then you can set up your CRON to call the script directly. You can compile
PHP as a standalone quite easily, if you compiled it before it should only
take you a few minutes.

HTH!

Jay

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he
gets angry, he’ll be a mile away-and barefoot"

* Want to meet other PHP developers *
* in your area? Check out:          *
* http://php.meetup.com/            *
* No developer is an island ...     *