This can be done using the exec() function, the php.net doc will explain how
it work.  There are a few known problem as I can see if someone try to
reboot the Linux/Unix.

    1) If the hacker break-in and take control of hte script.  Who know what
could have happen.

    2) If using encryption and use passphrase to start up Apache, it is a
darn problem getting the passphrase be entered automatically.

    3) If people are online to that one website and the machine reboot,
everyone would get cut off of that website.

FletchSOD

"John S. Huggins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Harpreet Kaur wrote:

>-
>-Can we reboot a linux server using a php page?

Yes.

>-And is it recommended?

No.

>-