On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 02:28:23PM -0700, Fargo Lee wrote:
> When viewing examples of using if and elseif I often see the example ending
> with an else like ...
>
> if($a == '1'){
> echo '1';
> } elseif ($a == '2'){
> echo '2';
> } else {
> echo '0';
> }

On a side note, switch would be more efficient:

   switch ($a) {
      case 1:
         echo '1';
         break;
      case 2:
         echo '2';
         break;
      default:
         echo 'other';
   }

Also use nesting / indenting to make your code more readable:

   if ($a == '1') {
      echo '1';
   }

> Is there any problem with leaving out the last else and just ending it with
> an elseif such as ...

> echo '1';
> } elseif ($a == '2'){
> echo '2';
> }

That all depends on the circumstances.  Both have their places.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution