At 11:02 PM 7/18/02 -0300, you wrote:
>Is PostgreSQL started with the -i switch? (I think that's the one; it
>exposes it to tcp/ip connections.)  Check your PGSQL docs to be certain.

This is not the problem.

>Have you run a page with phpinfo? Is PostgreSQL support compiled into your
>installation of PHP? This is a file consisting of
><? phpinfo(); ?>, named phpinfo.php. Again, I'm doing this from memory but
>I'm pretty certain of the function name.

phpinfo() is correct, but not needed.

"Call to undefined function" means that PHP was not compiled with this
function.

Your best bet is to trash the RPM and compile PHP and possibly Apache from
the distribution tarball.  You can bang you head against various
combinations of RPMs for weeks and never find the right combination, or
spend a couple hours collecting the requirements and learning to compile
the source.  Once I got it down I can compile OpenSSL, Apache, ModSSL PHP
and all the goodies that go along with it in about 45 minutes, and I don't
even have to be there for most of it.  I've got a script that compiles it
with all the options I chose.   I just collect the latest versions, check
for new options I might want to use, plug the new version numbers into the
top of the script, run it and go find something else to do while it runs.

Rick