>Is there any way to fseek (or something to the exact same effect) a file
>opened with "a" or "a+"?
>
>I've tried rewinding and fseeking appendable files, but neither work.
>
>Opening up in "r+" gives me part of the desired result, but if where I want
>to write is not at the end, it writes over things, which I obviously do not
>want.

It may be obvious to you that you don't want that, but it's not to anybody
else :-)

Use r+ and fseek to the end of the file.  You can use PHP's filesize
(filelength?) function to find out where that is.

I think a+ is only if you are "promising" not to go backwards into the old
data...  Maybe it's for some kind of OS optimization or something...

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm