From: Josh Levine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 July 2002 19:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] secure sockets

I'm trying to connect to a Java application that's listening on a socket
using SSL.  I am trying to use fsockopen with the address beginning with
ssl://, but it doesn't work.  There's no error message that I can find,
it just doesn't create the file-handler.

Here's some sample code:

<?
        $hostname = 'ssl://155.246.211.23';
        $portnumb = '60324';

        $sock = fsockopen($hostname, $portnumb, $errno, $errstr);

        fwrite($sock, "9\n");
        print ( fgets($sock,6) );
        print $errno;
        print $errstr;
        fclose($sock);
?>

That returns:

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource
in /usr/home/research/htdocs/tests/secure.php on line 8

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource
in /usr/home/research/htdocs/tests/secure.php on line 10 0
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource
in /usr/home/research/htdocs/tests/secure.php on line 20

Thanks in advance for any help,
Josh Levine