>hi i am trying to implement error handling in a join page, i would like to
>try and use one page if possible and then go through in steps like ?step=1
>etc , i would like to be able to return form variables to the previous step
>if there is an error, how could i do this ?
Honestly, I've always found it easier to just have distinct pages/files for
the steps, and to break the data up into human-comprehensible pages...
You have several options:
1. Pass every field around in an INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN tag on every page.
2. Use sessions. http://php.net/session_start
3. Store each "partial" record into some tiny "temporary" table as you go,
and then move it to the *real* table only when it's all filled in correctly.
1. is probably easiest for the Newbie.
2. is probably easiest once you understand sessions -- a small but non-zero
3. doesn't really have anything in particular to recommend it, but doesn't
Like Music? http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm
I'm looking for a PRO QUALITY two-input sound card supported by Linux (any
major distro). Need to record live events (mixed already) to stereo
CD-quality. Soundcard Recommendations?
Software to handle the recording? Don't need fancy mixer stuff. Zero (0)
post-production time. Just raw PCM/WAV/AIFF 16+ bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php