><INPUT TYPE = "HIDDEN" NAME = "status[0]" value = "collapse">
>
>onclick = "document.all['tree'].status[<?=$i?>].value='expand';

No matter what you do, JavaScript will *NEVER* accept the [ or ] character
as part of a field's NAME.

Those are RESERVED keys in JavaScript.

You'll have to refer to the INPUT by NUMBER, rather htan name.

onClick = "document.all.tree.5.value='expand'";

Only 5 is probably not correct...

You'll have to count your INPUTs.

Ooooooh.  *OR*, I think you can give the INPUT thingies an *ID* in HTML, and
use the *ID* (not NAME) in JavaScript.

Never did that, myself, but I hear it works.

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm
I'm looking for a PRO QUALITY two-input sound card supported by Linux (any