From: Jason Wong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 1:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Re: Using fopen()/fread()/fscanf()

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 15:38, Jason Soza wrote:
> Alright, I see that this is probably the way to go, but I'm dying here. I
> have this:
>
>       $filename =
> fopen("http://www.kinyradio.com/juneaunews/latest_juneau_news.html";, "r");
>       $contents = fread($filename, 1000000);
>       preg_match_all("|<font face=\"Verdana\" size=\"3\"><b>+[-a-zA-Z0-9,.
> ]+|i", $contents, $out);
>       print_r($out);

Assuming that the <font> and <b> tags are closed and you want everything in
between then try this:

$contents, $out);

> The manual entries for preg_match and preg_match_all pretty much assume
you
> have a working knowledge of reg expressions, which I don't, and a google
> search turned up a bunch of pages, none of which I could understand enough
> to be of help. So, any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!

You want to read up on "Pattern Modifiers" and "Pattern Syntax", that's
where
all the regex black magic is explained.

/*
He's dead, Jim.
                -- McCoy, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1
*/