Yes sure, You need to install the Informix-CSDK or I-Connect in the machine
with the server (download from www.informix.com/evaluate) .

Configure the files /etc/services and $INFORMIXDIR/sqlhosts. Also add the
informix libraries to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Then configure and make PHP with the --with-informix=$INFORMIXDIR option.

HTH