>Hi
>
>I am building (or attemting to build) an msn messenger class. I am having
>problems reading from the socket.
>
>I open a connection with fsockopen(), i then write commands to the socket
>with fputs(). I am reading wth fgets().
>
>It is all fine if I am reading one line returned by the server, the script
>runs quickly. However is i wish to read multiple lines the script basically
>stops. I am working with code like this to read multiple lines...

Maybe I'm just being goofy, but how do you expect PHP to know that it should
stop?...

I mean, it's a socket, and it's probably still "open" and "waiting" to
send/receive info, so when do you think PHP's fgets() should "stop"?...

I think there are probably specific tokens/lines/keywords in the MSN
protocol that you're going to have to use to know when read() has finished
getting a whole "chunk" of information...

What that token *IS*, I dunno.  Only MS knows, I guess...

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm
I'm looking for a PRO QUALITY two-input sound card supported by Linux (any