Hi,
I tried to display phpinfo and I am getting following values

display_errors                 On           On
display_startup_errors     On           On

error_append_string  no value           no value
error_log                    no value           no value
error_prepend_string no value            no value
error_reporting              1                     1

(Still there is no display of error)

sendmail_from    [EMAIL PROTECTED]           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
sendmail_path     /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i      /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
short_open_tag    On                                  On
SMTP                   localhost                         localhost

I changed the script as follows, now it is giving error that - can not even
queue - btw where the queue is stored ? and where can I see the sendmail log ?

<?
$mailBody = "This is test email";

$boolMail = mail ("[EMAIL PROTECTED]", "Test mail subj from local linux
server - PHP", $mailBody);
if ($boolMail){
   print "Email has been queued.";
}
else{
   print "Can not even queue email";
}

?>

I tried giving mail directly from sendmail going to /usr/sbin - I am not
sure how to give commands in unix but I tried following block,

shell>cd /usr/sbin
shell>sendmail manisha