It looks like your code could use "variable variables" to help you out.

::::::::::: OLD CODE ::::::::::::::::

> > for ($GameIdx = 1; $GameIdx <= 17; $GameIdx++) {
> >  /* instead "hardcoding each radio button name - just do it
> programmatically
> > by concatenating / creating the name */
> >  $frmGame = "Game" + $GameIdx;
> >  if ($frmGame) {

::::::: END OF OLD CODE :::::::::::::

** this check will always be true - because you just set $frmGame equal to a
value... ***
What you want to do at this point is use variable variables (where the
variable name is actually
a variable itself.

::::::::: NEW CODE :::::::::::

> >  $var_frmGame = "Game" + $GameIdx;
> >  $frmGame = $$var_frmGame;   // The "$$" is used for variable variables
> >  if ($frmGame) {

:::::: END OF NEW CODE :::::::

** the above snippett is was I wrote to show the results of the dynamic
(looped-through) variable $Game1, $Game2, ...

I use this method when the number of form elements is variable.  Instead of
hardcoding the number "17" you might make a variable in the incoming form
with the count of form elements (simply increment a variable with each
printing of the form variable... then at the end of the form make <input
type="hidden" name="elementcount" value="$count">)

Then you can make the above for-statement look like this:

> > for ($GameIdx = 1; $GameIdx <= $elementcount; $GameIdx++) {

Does any of this make sense or help in any way?

-Mark