You can't really do much to make sure the execution of eval is safe, it's
more than you have to trust the string that you're about to eval().

So, as long as you and your production team were the only ones who put the
code into the strings or tables, and tested the code before hand, then 90%
there.

I'd suggest also reading all the user-contributed notes at
http://php.net/eval too.

Justin