Yes!  Unfortunately, you'll have to install the special driver on the
Linux/Unix becuase of the communication difference between UNIX & Windows as
well as the language difference between these two.  I tried using iODBC and
openLINK.  After 1 1/2 years, I decided that open source code for this is no
good because they are not compactable and it is such a big, big pain in the
butt!!!  So, I ended up moving the website on UNIX to windows.  Why, because
of the way the data type is being coverted between 2 platform and character
length or type is strictly limited.  I have not tried to buy such a $600 or
$800 driver software to see how well it does because it is a waste of money
and MS kept changing the programming in the MS Access and MS SQL making the
drivers useless.

"Ashley M. Kirchner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

>     Can PHP be used on an Apache server (linux) to connect to a (remote)
MS