Hi:

I'm new to PHP.
I'm running Apache/PHP/MySQL on Mac OS X 10.1.5 (PHP 4.1.2) and
everything is working well except that I cannot create a file through
PHP. If I create a file I can subsequently read/write from PHP, but only
after I change its file permissions to read/write for everyone.

When I run the code:

if (!file_exists($filename)) {

        if (touch ($filename)) {
                print "$filename created";
        } else {
                die( "Sorry Could Not create $filename");

I get the following:

Warning: unable to create file test.text because Permission denied in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/dev/testcreate.php on line 10

It's obviously a permissions problem but do not know what exactly to
change nor where/how to change it.

Thanks for any help.

David