Now then, let's all play nicely together!

Dan: relevance
It is a PHP question because whereas the SQL query SELECT fred FROM tbl
produces an array element back in PHP such as $row[ "fred" ], this
convention/mapping comes well unstuck if you submit something like SELECT IF
( answer = 'a', TRUE, FALSE )... or even SELECT fred+barney... Accordingly
the need to create an alias column name (Answer-A) and thereafter in PHP to
access the returned data with something like $row[ "Answer-A" ].

Tyler: appreciation and politeness
I thought this looked familiar, and it is part of something I sent to you 36
hours ago to perform cross-totalling on a survey or exam results type
database. Since then there has been no comment from you, except to others.
If the suggestion doesn't work, please have the courtesy to come back to me,
at least by cc:, for correction or amplification. NB If you had tested it at
the MySQL (?) command line or using a management tool (recommended testing
procedure before implementing in PHP), then you would have observed the
result.

Dan is often here, being helpful. Did you really mean to irritate two people
by thoughtlessness if not deed, during the course of a single conversation?
=dn