My guess would be that this is a browser issue, with the
browser associating .rtf with a word doc (or Rich Text to be
more accurate) and if this is the case, there's not much you
can do except not name your PHP files .rtf. Since, each person
who comes to your site will most likely have .rtf set as
a Rich Text Document and will try and interpret it.

Adam Voigt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]