My two cents,

I think if you are working on a personal product you use what works for
you.  If working in a group find out or decide as a group what standards to
use.  The hungarian standards are well designed, but I've seen others that
work as well.

When posting data from a from to another script I've see F used... as in
$f_username $f_userpass.
As well as many others.

The best advise I could give with my (VERY) limited experience, chose a
constant method for yourself and stick to it.  That way it will become
second nature to you.

Nick