Thanks. I must apology as I made a mistake when writing the incoming
variable's name. I had it wrong so it would pass the variable but the
incoming script was looking for a variable that wasn't passed. In the
meantime, and now that I correct that, I'm still comparing artid to
'$artid' (with single quotes) and it does it well... it is an int(4)
field and now that you mention it... how is it possible?

C.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> says...
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I have a small problem here. I have this full-PHP site working with
> > MySQL db and came to a dead road when trying to delete a record from
it
> > from the Administrator's page. I have PHP to make this decision
after
> > the Administrator selected the record to delete and answered YES to
the
> > =BFAre you sure...? The last part will pass a hidden value of
$editpic
> > which tells the deleting script which artid to delete from the db.
This
> > is the code that does the deletion:
> >
> > else if ($deleteyes)
> > {
> >     $query =3D "DELETE FROM saav_arts WHERE artid =3D '$editpic'
LIMIT
> > 1";
> >     $result =3D mysql_query($query) or die (mysql_error());
> >
> >     if (!$result)
> >     {
> >             echo "The Picture could NOT be deleted<br>";
> >             echo "<form action=3D\"".$PHP_SELF."\"
method=3D\"post\">";
> >             echo "<input type=3D\"submit\" name=3D\"cancel\"
> > value=3D\"Back to Edition\">";
> >             echo "</form>";
> >     }
> >     else if ($result)
> >     {
> >             echo "The Picture was deleted sucsesfully<br>";
> >             echo "<form action=3D\"".$PHP_SELF."\"
method=3D\"post\">";
> >             echo "<input type=3D\"submit\" name=3D\"cancel\"
> > value=3D\"Back to Edition\">";
> >             echo "</form>";
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > Cesar Aracena
> > CE / MCSE+I
>
> You have made some wrong assumptions in your code here; it is quite
> possible that $result may be true but no entries have been deleted.
You