[snip]
Only on demand.
I'd like to define the variable without showing the file

$var=include();

do something else

echo $var;
[/snip]

Since the included file outputs headers you cannot do what it is you wish to
do AFAIK. When I do includes, and having looked at other's code I can say
that I am in good company, where HTML is involved and I need to use it again
I just call another include() function. I do this for navigation items,
footers, headers, and other odd items.

Jay

I’m just working here till a good fast-food job opens up

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003                  *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                      *
* New Braunfels, Texas                                    *
* San Antonio Area PHP Developers Group                   *
* Interested? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] *