>Your path to the interface file must be wrong, in
>my php.ini I have it set to "/usr/local/freetds/conf/freetds.conf"
>Are you sure the path is right?

At the top of the freetds.conf file...is..

# FreeTDS will search for a conf file in the following order:
#
#     1) check if a file was set programatically via dbsetifile() and
#        is in .conf format, if so use that,
#
#     2) look in ~/.freetds.conf
#
#     3) look in @sysconfdir@/freetds.conf
#
# If FreeTDS has found no suitable conf file it will then search for
# an an interfaces file in the following order:
#
#     1) check if a file was set programatically via dbsetifile() and
#        is in interfaces format, if so use that,
#
#     2) look in ~/.interfaces
#
#     3) look in $SYBASE/interfaces (where $SYBASE is an environment
#        variable)

I do have $SYBASE set in apachectl (which gets passed to PHP) and for the
fun of it, I changed things to /usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf (default
install location). No luck.

You did make a few other buttons click. I verified permissions. The web
server had problems reading the config files, so I modified the perms. It
also didn't seem to like the freetds.conf file, so I changed it back to
/usr/local/freetds/interfaces. It worked.

It was a permission problem...thanks to those who had suggestions...

benji

---
Ben Spencer
Web Support