www.webprosinc.net has several plans, starting as little as $4.95 (1 MySQL
database/1 domain/125 MB space/2GB transfer) to $49.95 (unlimited
databases/100 domains/1GB space/16GB transfer).  They are currently using
PHP 4.1.0 and seem to regularly updated their system (they use Plesk for
maintenance).  As with any host, there are some limitations to what you can
and cannot do.

Oh.  And very, very important:  they have *always* gotten back to me within
a few hours of any support call I have made.  This is a vast difference from
some prior hosts that I was lucky to hear from within 24 hours of a support
call.

Good luck in your search.  :)

---
Seairth Jacobs